Communication strategies for being an inspiring leader
This leadership skills course is designed for leaders and emerging leaders. In the course, you’ll gain awareness of who you are as a leader, as well as deepening and broadening your leadership identity. You’ll learn to inspire people who report to you, through your voice, body language, words and message structure.
You’ll learn to carry yourself and look like a leader. You’ll learn to sound like a leader. Your presence will improve. And you’ll get honest feedback, delivered in supportive environment, from Michael Kelly and your fellow participants.
Upon completion of this leadership skills training course, you will have:
- Developed your identity as a person who is a leader.
- Improved how you listen and are perceived as a listener.
- Learned to speak, use your voice and use your body movement and gesture – like a leader.
- Developed more leadership competency and inspiration.
- Reflected on the leaders whom you’ve respect and those you’ve disrespected.
- Developed your leadership ‘manifesto’.
- You’re always leaving impressions.
- If you don’t believe in the messenger, you won’t believe the message.
- How to structure your messages for maximum impact.
- ‘Measuring cup’ versus’ Waterhose speaking.
- How to handle tough, leadership situations.
- ‘Owning and occupying’ physical space.
- What is a good leader?
- Why is there a gap between the rhetoric of good leadership and the reality of leadership at the coal face? – and what to do about it.
Michael Kelly is brilliant and a real asset. I walked out of the course with a better understanding of how to become a stronger leader. The facilitation style used was participatory, practical and the content was thought-provoking and relevant for a range of people.
Michael provided real insights into the key aspects in developing a leadership style along with many practical class role plays that enabled ideas to be tested and refined that could be taken away and applied in each of our personal circumstances. A top combination of professional guidance coupled with loads of class interaction and feedback.
OWN THE CONVERSATION
Enquire about how Michael can help you or your organisation