Impactful quotations to improve how you communicate
Last year a client, in a Delivering memorable messages program, said he wanted to receive the various quotations I had shared in the program.
Here are some of the quotes** I share in my work with clients:
- Reduce the speed at which you gesture to increase your level of authority.
- The better you communicate the more intelligent you appear (James Clear).
- The substance of one’s remarks becomes irrelevant if one cannot say them effortlessly.
- There is a hidden battle for dominance waged in almost every conversation – and the way we modulate the lower frequencies of our voices shows who’s on top.
- Seniority is signalled by response time.
If you want to receive a PDF of the all the quotes (about 35 in total) do let me know.
** If you know the author of the unreferenced quotes please let me know, as I sometimes hear a quote but don’t remember where I sourced it. Thanks.
p.s. Are you on LinkedIn? I’ve recently started a LinkedIn Newsletter featuring regular insights, guidance and commentary on how communication influences business and the world around us. Click here to view and subscribe
p.p.s. A couple of weeks ago I misquoted the podcast name of an interview with broadcaster Jim Nantz. Here is the correct link to the podcast from Finding Mastery.