How to kick-start your presentation
Recently I heard a great tip on how to kick-start a presentation.
Of course, this tip will be bolstered if you do the following:
- Have deeply understood your audience.
- Craft a simple key message(s) that you wanted the audience to retain and/or act upon.
- Craft a hook to listen and craft a structure for the presentation.
- Project energy and certainty through your facial expression, body language, gesture, voice and speaking cadence
- For Q&A, nod engagingly as the question is being asked, take time to form a response and never losing your cool.
Here’s the tip.
A few moments before you start speaking, say to yourself:
Do it with joy
Own the Conversation
Trial the ‘Do it with joy’ technique at your next presentation. Reflect on the results of doing so.
p.s. I recently created an Instagram account – my handle is @kellyspeech