10 questions to answer before giving up on a drea
“Would your life be better if you gave up on this goal?” This question is one of ten questions Lori Deschene suggests you ask yourself about your goals. It’s from her article, 10 questions to ask yourself before giving up on your goal. Here is the link to the article: http://tinybuddha.com/featured/10-questions-to-ask-yourself-before-giving-up-on-your-dream/
I asked myself the question at the start of this year. The questions helped me re-dedicate, to my three major goals.
The questions are:
1. Why did you want to pursue this goal to begin with – and has anything changed?
2. Have you been operating with too much information?
3. Did you set a smart goal? SMART goals are: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound.
4. What’s the worst that will happen if you keep going and don’t reach your goal?
5. Are you afraid of something?
6. Are you acting on impulse or emotion instead of thinking things through?
7. Would you enjoy giving a loved one the honest explanation for why you gave up?
8. Would your life be better if you gave up on this goal?
9. How much have you already put in?
10. What would you tell someone else if they were in your shoes?
Each of the question has an deeper explanation attached to it. The ‘How much have you already put in?’ question had an impact on me, as I had already put in more than three years on my three major goals.
The how to apply for this post: Read the article and ask the questions regarding your goals.